Monday, September 16, 2013

DVM, DACVP, MRCVS

That's a lot of letters to have trailing after your name.

Thirteen.

I never write "Esq." after my name, but now I'm feeling a little pressure to add it or else be washed away in the torrent of letters following Dr. Kate.

She started with Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2009. Then proceeded with Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists in 2012. And just last week added Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.

We had time to kill before Kate got her license, so we admired Parliament and the London Eye.
She's now licensed on two continents. My understanding is that if she works in the U.K. for at least three years, she can be waived in for a license in any of the countries of the European Union.

Swinging outside Parliament, waiting for Mommy to finish.
Kate is unimpressed with her thirteen letters. Points out that she could have added a master's degree or a Ph.D.

Thank God she didn't. I don't think I could handle my envy.


No comments:

Post a Comment